In 2016, Stratford Academy embarked on hosting an event that would give our community an opportunity to quite simply “Celebrate the Arts”. In planning, the school realized that this must be accomplished by lifting up and recognizing the organizations in Middle Georgia which were already providing leadership in the art world. Community partnerships were formed with the Macon Arts Alliance, Mercer University, Middle Georgia State University, Museum of Arts and Sciences, and Wesleyan College, for a week-long event focused on the visual arts. The idea was to bring these local leaders in our art community to one event which would promote each of these organizations contributions to the arts and expose participants to new artists, experiences, and opportunities for learning.
Our fourth annual Celebrating ART will be held October 23-26. Art enthusiasts will have more of what they have loved in previous years as well as some new events and artists to enjoy. Some of familiar favorite events include the Arty Party Preview Celebration, Gallery 6010 Artist Marketplace and artisan-inspired Pop-Up Gift Market, Glass Pumpkin Patch, and Hot Glass Academy Little Dragon Glassblowing Workshops. Additions to the line-up include a Corks and Canvas Painting Master Class led by painter Bradley S. Gordon and the Artistically Speaking Lunch and Learn featuring celebrity chef Alex Hitz. All events will be held at the Daws Student Activities Center located at Stratford Academy.
Highlights from Previous Years:
– Hundreds of visitors came through the Gallery 6010 artist marketplace and pop-up shop during the week which featured hundreds of pieces of original art by 50 artists from across the country. Over 85 pieces of original artwork were sold during the event.
– The first-ever Arty Party Preview Celebration SOLD OUT five days prior to the event. Over 250 people attended this kick-off party for the week’s events.
– Nearly 200 guests enjoyed the expertise and services of our visiting experts in glassblowing and sidewalk chalk art.
– Over 500 glass pumpkins were on display in our Glass Pumpkin Patch and more than 400 pumpkins were sold during the course of the event.
– Forty-five individuals and businesses generously supported our event with sponsorships and in-kind contributions.
– Middle Georgia State University came on board as our fifth community partner.
· In partnership with the One City Arts Festival hosted by Macon Arts Alliance and other arts organizations in Middle Georgia
· Hundreds of visitors to Gallery 6010 and Stratford Connections exhibits which featured hundreds of pieces of original art by 50 artists from across the country
· Over 80 pieces of original artwork sold
· Nearly 200 guests participated with three visiting experts – Hot Glass Academy, Broadway.com caricature artist Justin “Squigs” Robertson and art appraiser Rod Hardy.
· Hundreds in attendance at the two lectures – “Artistically Speaking” by art appraiser Rod Hardy and the ADAC-sponsored breakfast featuring “At Home with Art” by architect and Macon native William H. Harrison.
· 21 businesses and individuals sponsored this event through gifts and in-kind donations
· Four community partners and six media partners
· 120 volunteers
· Hundreds of visitors came through the Gallery 6010 and Stratford Connections exhibits which featured over 500 pieces of original art by more than 100 artists
· Almost 80 pieces of artwork/glass were sold
· Nearly 200 guests enjoyed the expertise and services of our three visiting artists – silhouette artist, encaustic painter and glassblower
· More than 150 people were in attendance at the “Artistically Speaking” lecture presented by Columbus, GA native Bo Bartlett
· 140 people heard the “Lunch & Learn” presentation by James Farmer
· Private gallery reception held for ADAC and their clients with James Farmer
· 28 businesses and individuals who sponsored this event through gifts and in-kind donations
· Four community partners
· 120 volunteers